Ellen (Lajja) Mitchell, SVA Board Member
You take a Svaroopa® yoga class, then feel more peaceful and settled, yes? Then, someone comments on your eyes and face being so bright and how content you seem. This is due to the Grace of our lineage. The practice opens you to Grace, which saturates your mind and your life with light and love.
In 2013, I experienced this on the India trip with Swami Nirmalananda. As our wonderful time in India drew to a close, I knew my life had changed. I told Swamiji she had removed walls from around my heart, but I was not sure I could let the walls stay down at home. Swamiji asked that I keep an opening for her.
Now I sometimes want to rebuild those walls. Yet I have learned what this path teaches: you put your heart into whatever you do, especially into your yogic practices. As yoga quiets your mind, you tune into your heart, your own inner essence.
“Heart-full experiences are essential to life,” says Swamiji. “Without them, life has no meaning. You want to have the feeling of your heart being full… overflowing with what you have to give.” When you do the Svaroopa® Sciences practices with all your heart, your heart fills with love and gratitude. Then you have so much to give.
Reflect on what your Svaroopa® yoga practices have given you. Share the love by donating to our Spring Fundraiser, supporting the organization and the practices that give you so much.
We’re also asking you to share the love by using social media to raise funds and to raise awareness of Swamiji’s profound teachings. I thank you from the bottom of my heart, whether you donate directly and/or help us raise awareness and funds through Facebook.
Here’s how you do it. Make a quick and easy donation on our Facebook page. Simply click on the Donate button at the top of the page. One, two, three — give your name, the amount of your gift and payment method. You’ve just participated in dakshina, giving back to the source of the teachings.
Or create your own Fundraiser for the Ashram.
* In the News Feed section of your own Facebook page, click on Fundraisers.
* Another window opens. Click Raise Money; then select Nonprofit/Charity.
* On the Select page that opens, type Svaroopa Vidya Ashram at the top and click on the Ashram link displayed.
* Choose a cover photo; below it, fill in what the Ashram is and why you are raising funds for it.
* Set an amount you’d like to raise. Almost done!
* After clicking Create, decide with whom you want to share this fundraiser. Invite those who know how much you love your yoga, those who love you. Don’t send it to your Svaroopa® Yoga Facebook friends to avoid sending the same fundraiser over and over again to our community.
Want some help creating your fundraiser? Let us know and we’ll have someone phone you and walk you through the steps.
To firmly seat yourself in your heart, contribute today. Steep yourself in svaroopa: the bliss of your own being. Call 610.644.7555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.